A Sushi making tutorial!
Ingredients: Rice, Mirin, Veggies, Meat, Seaweed.
1. Prepare all of your ingedients ahead of time and place them around the table for your convienience.
2. Invest in a sushi mat. Seriously... you can't really make sushi without it. Why not? because if you want straight nice sushi, ones without lumpy parts... then you want a sushi mat. it makes rolling sushi easier
3. Mix your rice with mirin. It is best if you mix mirin right when your rice as finished cooking that way it mixes evenly. Wait for rice to completely cool before use.
4. When cutting your veggies/meats, cut them in LONG strips. ofcourse... you don't have to but it makes cutting the sushi later on a whole lot easier. no bits or pieces will fall out while you are cutting it. *I used small pieces because... it was left overs and all i had*
5. Put your seaweed on the mat. then place your rice all over the seaweed leaving only an inch at the top. *you'll notice i did not do this... i actually wasn't paying attention. i was more concerned about keeping the flys away and the wind from knocking over all my work*
6. Place all your ingredients horizontally across the rice in the center.
7. roll the sushi using the mat. take care not to roll the mat INTO the sushi!!!! You want to lift up the mat *part your holding* up as your roll it along.
8. once rolled, cut it into about... half inch pieces. *or any size you prefer*
9. Now, if you chose to use sesame seeds... you could have either placed it inside with the rest of your ingredients or chose to put it as a topping. once your sushi its cut just sprinkle some of it on top. this is the part where you add in other sauces if you please.
10. Place on plate and eat!
XD not to hard to make really. Note... i sort of made it to look complimentary to *Mel-P
's Crab Wonton tutorial. check that out here: [link]